Monday, November 12, 2007

No hot water


Saturday morning at 6:40 a.m. Darwin woke me up to tell me that the hot water heater was not working. He said that he tried to light the pilot light for 15 minutes (that explained all the pounding I heard earlier) but had no success. I love hot water. I love taking hot showers and steaming up the mirrors in the bathroom. Well with no hot water coming out of the tap I started to boil water so I could at least take a bath. After 25 minutes of boiling and slowly filling the tub I got into a 2 and a half inch deep bath-delightful.....later that day we had a handyman come and take a look, paid lots of money, and had hot water-momentarily. He left. Then when it was time to get Jensyn ready for her bath there was no hot water. So I boiled some more. We now have hot water. The serviceman came back on Sunday after we were done with church. How I love hot water that comes right out of the tap! It's amazing the things that I take for granted. I could have never been a pioneer.

1 comment:

Laura said...

LOVE IT! I am a hot shower girl too, especially in the winter time. I could stay in there forever. It is addicting! But I would have never boiled the water. You are diligent. You are a pioneer in your own right. Glad it is fixed! Next time call you can come use our shower. :)