Jensyn and I tagged along with Darwin, my mom, and Darrin to Arizona for. We weren't going to go originally-first of all because I am so far along with this pregnancies that I'm not taking classes, there is no way I could sit through an eight hour class, and second of all because of the cost. Well, some very nice people that we know through Nouveau Riche offered us a room for an amazing deal, $25 a night!!! In a brand new hotel!!! So I figured way not go along for the ride....It ended up taking an additional three hours. We made it all the way to Fillmore when Darwin (who was the driver at the time) said that the van was losing power and the Service Engine Soon light was flashing. So we pulled into a gas station. The car sounded like a helicoptor-we knew we were in trouble. So we called my dad, who was home sleeping, and asked him if he would drive the Explorer down so we could switch cars. Not a good way to waste time if you ask me. Thanks Dad for helping us out in the middle of night! Oh, some of our group (Darrin, Jake, and Colt) left in Colt's car (Colt and Jake had been following us) to go to Vegas. We thought they could go there and spend the three hours and then we would follow each other again. Well, when we got to Vegas none of them were ready to go so we decided that our car would go on without them and just meet at the hotel. Those boys (who didn't need a map because how hard could it be?) ended up taking I-15 out of Vegas instead of I-515 and they ended up outside of LA. Talk about MAJOR detour. This trip was not the best on the gas budget!!!

This is Jensyn sleeping in the car. She was a rockstar. She was happy most of the time. We tried to make limited stops so she wouldn't want to get in and out of her carseat a lot-kind of hard when I need to stop to a lot to move my legs and stretch.
Finally, at the hotel. I think we got here in 15 hours. It felt great to arrive.

Since everyone is in class (except me and Jensyn) we get to relax! This is Jensyn by the pool in her new glasses. We went to the pool at 9:00 am and I am glad we got there early because it was hot! By 10:30 we called it quits. We are planning on swimming again tonight after everyone is back. It is best to stay inside during the hottest time of day.
Jensyn is just lounging. She was so funny. I got into the pool and she got her feet wet-and that is all. I swam and she sat on the edge of the pool and watched. She didn't want to get her swimming suit wet. If you will notice she is only wearing a Little Swimmer because when her bottoms got wet she took them off and said "Uh-oh wet." I told her that her swimming suit was supposed to get wet and she told me "no". I pointed out to her that swimming suit was wet and she said, "Uh-oh wet,"

.....so Jensyn played in the rocks.
8 comments:
Looks like it was worth the car ride. Enjoy the warm weather.
I am glad you came. I was worried about me being with all the boys. (and we need a shuttle bus from the hotel/classes)
she looks so cute. how fun for you to just relax and chill by the pool. I hope its going well. Where some sun screen.
Oh Jen...you too were one of the smarties....see you got a trip out of playing tag along. I'm sure you are reading a book pool side..right? Love ya Jen, LeAnn
Wow what a long car ride, I would have called it quit and went back with your dad you pretty brave to keep going. Hope you guys have fun with the good weather.
Some warm weather sounds pretty good about now:) Looks like a fun getaway! especially since you got to relax!
When does a trip ever go right? Well I am glad you get to relax & play in the pool (even though I was looking forward to your company this week ;)) Jensyn is so dang cute. I miss seeing you guys as much as we used to. It was so fun to sit & chat the other night. We need to make it more of a habit. Good luck on the way home.
It looks like you are having quite the fun time. Jensyn is too funny. I love how two year olds get to tell us how things really are, what would we do without them?
I love the picture of Jensyn sleeping in the car seat with her hands above her head, it is exactly how Sadie sleeps.
Have fun and be safe on the way home!
Post a Comment