Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mammoth Marathon in Bear Lake, Utah

Last night Jensyn, Hurley, and I went to Bear Lake to cheer on my mom and my brother Jason. They both ran the Mammoth Marathon in Bear Lake. My mom did the Half and took 3rd for her division. That is great. She looked so good. I ran part of the last mile with her and I was impressed by her speed. When she was done she said that she felt great and wondered if she should have pushed herself harder. I think she did it just right. Jason ran the Full and he took 2nd in his division. I think he is so amazing.
We had a very fun time. We laughed a lot (I have the FUNNIEST brothers), at some, and talked, talked, talked, talked. The weather was OK. It was rainy and overcast but not cold. BJ is moving to Maryland this weekend so it was good for all of us to spend time with him and his family. He will be missed. Angie and I were just talking about when he left on his mission and how hard it was then. Change is always hard but sometimes necessary. I hope and pray that things go really well for him and his family. We love you, McKellar family.



Here is Nikell, Hurley, and Jensyn waiting for Grandma Nancy and Jason to pass. We had an amazing view of the lake.



Hurley hanging out, and getting rained on but he did not seem to mind.



My mom after she ran 13.1 miles!!!!




Jason after running 26.2 miles!!!




The Winners, I mean The Runners!

5 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I am so happy that you came! Thanks for running with me at the end. Thanks for cheering me on. It really helps a ton. Soon it will be YOU!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you come and we could see you before we left. Hopefully I'm still here when you decided to do your run.

Brandon & Tiff said...

That's impressive...what an awesome mom. I saw this at the top of someone's blog roll and had to check it out. I saw that you've been running too (on facebook)! Way to go. I've been trying to get back into running and man it's hard work! This helped keep my motivation. Your family is so cute. Sorry for the novel :)

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Wow! That is awsome. That is so fun that you guys got to play together. Love it.

Travis and Crystal said...

Looks like fun! Sorry we missed out! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever Jenni! Will you be around the McKellar family next weekend?