Jensyn turned 3 last week. We had a very fun day celebrating. (Actually we have been celebrating all month but I will just talk about her actual birthday.) Darwin and I asked her what she wanted to do on her birthday (we were thinking Lagoon, movie, bowling, etc.) she wanted to go to school lunch (free) and to her Grandma Nancy's house (also free). She is such an easy girl to please.
The morning of her birthday she woke up at 5:30-she never does that, I think she was just too excited. The night before she asked me, "Mom, where are going to get my birthday?" I tried explaining that we don't pick up a birthday it just starts. I can't believe she woke up that early. Darwin set her up to watch cartoons and I made cupcakes and did some laundry. We woke up Hurley around 7:30 and got ready to go the breakfast at the school (also free). Jensyn then said to me, "I don't want my birthday to come today but it can come tomorrow." Hmm, I wonder what she thinks her birthday is! After that Hurley had a doctor's appointment but was happy to be going somewhere. Then we finally got to Grandma Nancy's!!! Now the party could really start. All of Jensyn's cousins on the McKellar side were there. It was a fun day. We played in the backyard, went to lunch, and then we went swimming at my mom's neighbor's pool (which was perfect). Darwin met up with us after work and we swam some more.
Both of the kids fell asleep on the way home. Jensyn had been asking if her cute friend Lyndee could come over to watch a movie. I asked Lyndee's mom and we were all set until i had a sleeping three year old. Now what? Finally around 8:00 Jensyn woke up from her nap. Lyndee came over and Darwin took them to get snowcones.
It was a great day. I love Jensyn so much. She is very smart. She has been potty trained for a year. She talks really well. She is a great big help with Hurley (when she wants to be). She loves the color blue and the movie Cars. She is spunky and small. She loves to go running with me she even stretches on her own before we go and that cracks me up everytime. Happy Birthday my sweet Jensyn. I hope you loved your special day!



5 comments:
Happy 3rd Birthday Jensyn. I am so lucky that you love to come to Grandma Nancy's!
happy birthday Jensyn! She is darling... I can't believe we both have 3 year olds! crazy :) looks like you guys had a fun day! We missed you the other night :)
So darling! I love how you make birthdays so special! Jensyn is so cute and growing up so fast! It seems like yesterday when we celebrated her first birthday!
Happy Birthday to Jensyn! That's pretty funny that she woke up so early - maybe next year she'll sleep in. Sound like a great day for you guys!
What a sweet girl you have - it sounds like she had a great birthday!!
Post a Comment