Thursday, August 5, 2010

Park City 2010

We just got back from a vacation in Park City, I love it up there. My family has been going there since I was a kid. My parents have a time share. Since there are so many of us now we split up the week instead of all trying to fit into one room (can you imagine 25 people in one hotel room?).

First off, we went to the Outlet stores. I think the adults enjoyed it-the kids grew tired of it so we played at the playground for a while. Brad and Savannah Cantwell and there boy Reese came with us for a night. It was very fun to have them there. We stayed up way too late playing Clue and laughing.


Here is Darwin testing the playground.

Posing for a picture.


We spent a lot of time swimming at the pool at the hotel. Jensyn loves the water. She was happy to just splash around. I think she liked being in a life jacket and being able to go to the "deep" end.


Brad, Reese, and Jensyn (I left out a girl that loved being around the little kids. She was annoying and I didn't want her in the picture.)

We love going to Main Street. We went to an Art Festivle called Park Silly. We didn't buy anything but I liked looking at what people had for sale. We rode the Trolley up Main Street. Jensyn and Hurley were pretty happy if they had food.

Darrin and Kaitlyn (no pics of them) came up and we decided to go down the Alpine Slide. We were kind of pressured for time because Darwin and to leave at 2 pm to get to Ogden to be to work on time. We were informed that "There is a mama moose and her two baby moose by the track. If the mama moose feels threatend she may attack. The Slide is temporarily closed. We have two guys trying to move the mama moose and her two baby moose." Hmm, I wonder how long that should take....a lot longer than we anticiapted. Unfortunatly, Darwin had to leave for work and we were not able to go down the slide as a family.
Jensyn was pretty disappointed so I called to see if the "mama moose and her two baby moose" had moved away from the slide, and they did! So Jensyn and I went on our merry little way. The whole way down the slide Jensyn said "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." It was so fun.


Darwin came back to Park City then next day and we all went down the slide. It was so fun.

Here is Darwin and Jensyn riding up the ski lift.


Here is me and Hurley, he made me so nervous. He did not hold still.

Darwin dragged the sleds to the slide and of course Jensyn and Hurley needed to help. It is so pretty and green up there.

Posing again for another picture. (The girl that took our picture told us we looked "brilliant". Like, smart I wonder...)


After Hurley and I came down the slide. I could not get him to look at the camera. He did not make a sound the entire way down.

After Darwin and Jensyn came down. They went down the "fast" track.


Jensyn and Hurley played a lot in the courtyard just outside our hotel room. It was nice for me cause I could open the door and out they would go. The were being so happy and cute. I caught them holding hands and I am glad that I had my camera close by.

On our last day there, the kids and I decided to pack a lunch and ride the bus to a park for a picnic and then we would walk back home. The kids were happy until we had to wait for the bus. Oh they thought that was awful. Here is Hurley (who is usually happy) so mad about waiting.

And Jensyn (she was also mad at me for taking her picture.)

Once they were on the bus they were happy, happy, happy.
It rained when we got to the park, kids don't seem to mind though. We ate and then the kids played and tired themselves out. Jensyn is trying to dig a hole.



I was excited to get a good picture of Hurley looking at the camera.

Jensyn and Hurley on the tire swing. I get so dizzy on things like that but they did not seem to mind it.



After we were done at the park we walked back to our hotel room. By the time we got there the kids were exhausted so they both took a long nap and then Jason and Jeri Dawn and the girls arrived. We watched Invictus, went swimming, and had dinner together. It was a wonderful vacation. I am disappointed to be back to "real life". I am grateful that my parents have a timeshare and now my kids get to experience somewhere I have always loved to be.

8 comments:

April said...

Oh Jenn your kids are SOOOO cute! Seriously both just adorable. I too love park city. so fun to get away, we seriously live in the best place. HOpe all is well.

Travis and Crystal said...

How disappointindg was invictus? We just watched and I was very disappointed. (this is Travis)

Nancy Mc said...

LOVE, Love all the pictures. I am glad that your kids now get to enjoy something that you enjoyed. I LOL when I saw how sad Hurley was that he had to wait for the bus. Looks like you had lots of fun. :( I missed out!

Nicole said...

Such cute little kids you guys have. They are growing up so fast. Love and miss you guys.

sav said...

so much fun! i am glad we got to come up for the night. that was awesome! i can't believe we didn't get a group pic! we suck! we will tomorrow at the bee's game!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Way cute kids Jen! I so love Park City too and I'm oh sooooo glad your mom introduced me to the Condo life! We haven't used our timeshare yet this year....hope it happens sometime in October!

The Stanger Fam said...

It's great to get away sometimes, Park City is so nice too! Love all the pictures and the one of Hurley waiting for the bus is cute, even if he is sad.

Jessie said...

How fun! I love Hurley's hair! Cute pictures, your kids are growing so big!