Monday, November 12, 2007

Jensyn's doctor appointment


Jensyn had a doctor's appointment today. Everything is good. She gained a pound and grew an inch since her last appointment. She is 28.5 inches tall (10th percentile) and 17.5 pounds (not even on the charts). Dr. Allred watched her and said that she is busy as a hummingbird. Jensyn got out books, ran around the room, growled at all of us, and played on the ground. Dr. Allred told us that if we could bottle her energy and sale it we would make millions. We did ask him about her waking up in the middle of the night. He told us to try a 10 day schedule. The first night that Jensyn wakes up we are not supposed to go get her for 5 minutes. Then the next night wait 10 minutes, and each night thereafter wait an additional 5 minutes. He said by the 6th or 7th night she will not cry for a long time and learn to soothe herself. Darwin and I feel like it is definitely worth a try. We'll keep you posted. I am so grateful to have a healthy (active) baby girl!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute, cute cute,jensyn bug-or now will we call her hummingbird? I want some of that energy-but have not millions to pay for it.;-)

April said...

Busy as a hummingbird? that is so funny, I think she is just a typical little toddler. So cute and fun. Good luck with letting her cry, that won't be fun, hopefully it works sooner than later.

BenJoeM said...

Delena and I went through these same things, but we really had to buck down and let him cry. I would have to literally hold Delena down at times. But now Joseph sleeps from 7:30 pm to 7 am. You can do it I know it.

Laura said...

She is adorable! We had so much fun with her when we watched her last week. Call us anytime, we love Hummingbirds. And good luck with the sleeping through the night. NO FUN! I will be checking the blog to see how it is going.

The Johnson Fam said...

Hummingbird! I love it! She is super cute, she is such a good mix of you and Darwin. I hope the ten day trial is going good, from the looks of it, it seems to be doing great. It is amazing how little kids can learn new things so quick. If she does get up in the middle of the night (lets hope she doesnt though) snap a few pictures of you and Darwin, it would be hilarious to see! I know I always look my best in the middle of the night, haha. You guys are too cute.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

What a cute nickname, now you need to start a collection of great hummingbird feeders. Jensyn is beautiul, darling, and a sweetheart. Thanks for stopping by to visit last week. Love you, LeAnn