Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Festivities

I feel like I have been slacking a ton with my blog. Last week we were so busy and had so much fun. On Wednesday night we got together with some high school friends at Cami and Rob's house. We had a blast. Some of us are married, some, not, some have kids, and others do not. I think that we all blended well though. It was fun to watch our kids play together. We had soup and breadsticks and of course dessert. Cami made little pumpkin Jack-O-Laterns for the kids to decorate with candy-such a cute idea.

Trey, Jayci, and Jensyn
Rob and Darwin playing Guitar Hero
Here the kids are waiting for dinner to start.
Corbin, Trey, Jayci, and Jensyn

Playing

Debbie, Kara, Jen, Heidi, and Cami

We had a fun night. I do wish that more girls would have been able to make it. It was fun to catch up with everyone there. Thanks Cami and Rob for letting us come to your house!
Now on to the next thing....HALLOWEEN!!! We went Trick-Or-Treating at Lee's Marketplace. This was so nice. Most of the cousins on the McKellar side were able to go (Logan is too far on days like these...)
The guy in the back is Charlie Brown and he had an enormous head. I wanted Jensyn to get a picture with him but of course she wouldn't.

Hurley (who seems to be sleeping in most pictures), Jensyn, and Darwin

Me and Scooby Doo

Hurley getting some Zzzz's as we walk through the forzen foods.

Waiting to start...Nicole, Knox (?), Payton (knight), Morgan (witch), Hayden (Superman), Jordan (teenager), Boston (ninja), Jensyn (Scooby Doo), and Hurley (Horse)
Missing: Sierra, Mialee, and Nikell


Then after Lee's we headed to the Treehouse. Darwin still had not been and I wanted him to see why I love it so much. Jensyn played and we participated in a sing-a-long.

Waiting for the singing to begin

Playing with trains

Climbing the stairs in the tree, to go down the slide.
Halloween night we went to see Darwin's aunt Michelle, The Thackers, and Great Grandma Parker. Then we went to Ashley and Dwight's to go trick-or-treating with them. We even stayed the night and I wonder why we have not done this before. I really am so glad that all of the girls get along so well.
Jensyn and Jovie (Dorothy)
Taking a ride
Hurley, Jovie, Quincie, Dwight, and Jensyn

Hurley-Sleeping AGAIN!

Jovie (Dorothy), Quincie (Ariel), Kaylder (duck hunter), Jensyn, and Ashley (present)

We had a very busy Halloween and the days leading up to it. I do think that holidays are so much fun with kids. I love being a mom. I am grateful for my sweet kids and all of the people that we were able to spend time with.
I did sort Jensyn's candy........and Quincie sorted her own (FYI, Darwin).

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Knox is a dinosaur. Maybe if he would have put the hood on you would have been able to tell, he even had a tail. Cute kids, maybe Knox should have let me put him down, so it could have been just the kids.

Nicole said...

I stole a picture, since I always forget my camera.

Nancy Mc said...

Lee's was way fun. Darwin is so intense at Guitar Hero. Glad that you had fun with your high school friends. Reminds me that I was suppose to set up a get together with my Ricks 'roommates' months ago.

Reenie Redhead said...

Hey cutie! You look awesome! And your babies are adorable. Of course, between you and that husband of yours, they'd have to be. I'm glad I found you. Check out my blog for a nice update on the recent pizzazz in my life. And we must keep in touch!