Sometimes I feel too tired, busy, overwhelmed, negative, or repetitive to post. Some days I am just not in a good mood-so who really wants to read anything that I have to say. Some days I feel like I have so much to say that I don't know where to start. Other days I don't feel like I have time to post and then when both the kids are sleeping I realize that I want to be too. So now a month of catch up....
We were busy in December-as I am sure that you all were too. On the 20th we had The Parker Family Christmas Party at Darwin's aunt Linda's. It was very fun-it always is with the Parkers. They are very giving and happy. Jensyn asked Santa for "presents" which makes things easy. Hurley got an outfit from Darwin's cousin that Jensyn put the jacket on and told us that it did not fit-oh really.
On the 21st we had the Thacker Christmas Party. We had Chinese food that was so good. I am not usually a big fan-too much fat/calories/sodium and not filling enough. But I had seconds. Santa came and made everyone sit on his lap.
Christmas Eve was fun, we went to the Treehouse-I know big surprise. Then we slept over at Darwin's parents'. It made it easy to be to their house by 10 the next day. Jensyn put out cookies for Santa-she did seem skeptical of the fact that Santa ate the cookies. We had a fun day with them.
Then we came back to my parents' house. My mom and dad made homemade gifts for everyone. Hurley got a rocking chair, Jensyn got 13 pillow cases, I got an apron and a bag/purse, and Darwin got a Chicago Bears mirror/key holder/drawers thing-y.
We got Wii Fit for Christmas-I love it. So on the 26th we (along with my mom and Jason's family and Trav) played games all day. It is so fun to watch people.
On New Year's Jensyn and I went to the Treehouse to count down to noon (we were on the front page of the Standard on the first). She got her face painted, we made a toast with Sprite, and she made a party hat. Then we went to Dwight and Ashley's and had a party with them. They are always so fun to be around. I am excited for a new year. I haven't made any specific resolutions-but I am going to, there really are so many things that I want to do, need to do, and should already be doing.
I started a job this week (well it is the same job that I had before I had Jensyn). I am glad to be working at a place that I love. I do love that I was able to stay home with my kids for a while, but our situation is pretty pathetic at the moment and I can either complain (which I do a lot-one of the main reasons for not posting) or help the situation-so here I go.
Sorry about the slide show-I know that some people don't like them, but it really is so much easier than loading all of the pictures one at a time.



6 comments:
Glad you are back. Don't be away so long from now on. I love the slide show, and need you to show me how to put al the extra's on it. Very Cute Pictures!
Oh girl, you are the best. I think you are a great mom and friend. I always loved VTing you. Thats awesome about your old job, I bet its so nice to get out of the house sometimes and be with adults. I worked with Hudson a few days a week and the girls at work would laugh at me because I would talk talk talk. I guess because I had been with kids all day, it was nice to be with adults. Your great Jen. I saw you in the paper too. And we go to the treehouse all the time I guess we just go at differen times.
Sounds like a fun christmas! I love the treehouse we go there every time we are in ogden(p.s. saw the newspaper article very cool!)Did kara not have that little get together?
Glad to see you did a post again. Looks like Christmas was good to you. Hope you are liking your "new" job.
Nice recap of your December Jen...I'm glad you are back to! See we all miss you! I'm a fan of slide shows for the same reason, adding so many photos makes me crazy..oh wait I was already crazy so I don't know what the word is! Happy New Year!
Looks like your Christmas was great! I can't believe we've never run into you guys at the Treehouse! Ryder LOVES it there too :) ANyway, good to see your back to blogging!
Post a Comment