Five things I was doing 10 years ago...
1: Learing to drive, taking drivers ed, and probably driving my parents crazy with always wanting to drive.
2: I was a sophomore at Fremont-so I had already met Darwin (we met our first or second day of high school in history class)-so I was doing school stuff. Lame answer.
3: Playing with my niece Morgan (she was just born) and my nephew Jordan (he was four). I can't believe how big they are. Just today I asked Darwin if he thought Morgan was old enough to babysit Jensyn. Wow, ten years flew by.
4: I ate ice cream almost everyday of high school and it showed :(
5: I started working with my friend Sara at a doctors office.
Five things on my to do list today (some of them are already done)
1: Go to church
2: Read my scriptures
3: Write down my new year resolutions
4: Pack my lunch for work tomorrow
5: Relax-it is Sunday after all.
Five snacks I love
1: cereal (especially original Malt-O-Meal with brown sugar)
2: Ice cream
3: my mom's cookies (she made M&M cookies and Banana Oatmeal this week)
4: Root Beer-maybe that doesn't count
5: candy
Five things I'd do if I were a billionaire
Honestly-I can't even fathom a billion dollars, but here goes...
1: pay off debt (including student loan, home, car, Dumb Dumb Dumb credit card, family members', and friends')
2: Buy a bunch of condo/apartments to rent out
3: Go on a lot of vacations to Europe (Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, Greece)
Dubai, Hawaii, The Bahamas, Japan, Thailand, every state in the U.S., Beaches/Sandals (when I watch Sesame Street with Jensyn there is always a commercial for Beaches a family resort and it is all based on Sesame Street and all inclusive)
AND ANYONE THAT WANTS TO COME IS MORE THAN WELCOME-I would be a billionaire after all.
4: donate money to the church and to the Treehouse Muesum
5: start my own credit card company so then I would make billions more off people's interest-sounds very selfish!
I tag no one specifically, but do tell me if you do it.
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
These are in no particular order, I am writing them here because I feel like it is important to have it written down. I will try to be specific because I think that is the best way to reach a goal.
Hold Family Home Evening once a week.
MONEY:
Add more to my savings account (and Darwin's, Jensyn's, and Hurley's).
Pay down balances on: Student loan, credit card, and car
How am I planning on doing this? I got a job!
BODY: I bought a swimming suit-a pink bikini-right before Hurley was born. My goal was to look good in it by summer 2009. I never plan on wearing the swimming suit so anyone will see, but I want to look good in one-does that make any sense. Now that Biggest Loser has started again my new goal is to look good in it by the finale.
How am I planning on doing this: by using my new Wii Fit-and eating better. I am happy with my weight-but that's just a number. I want things flatter, firmer, and more toned. (My abs, arms, buttocks, and thighs and my chin...)

I am a slacker when it comes to reading my scriptures. I don't know what my problem is. I hear people say that they love the Book of Mormon. I don't feel that way. I wish that I did. I figure that I need to put forth a good effort and I am sure that I will come to love it.
My mom made my a one page book marker that has a calendar and all of the chapters of the BoM on it. Everyday I read I mark it on the calendar and on the list of chapters. I can handle a chapter a day-hopefully.
The next thing on my list is to go to the temple twice as much as I did last year. Shouldn't be too hard cause I only went three times last year, sad. I am planning on going every other month. Then next year my goal will be to go once a month. My ward is working on temple work this year. My bishop wants us as a ward to do 600 baptisms, initatories, endowments, sealings, etc. I want to be a part of this.


11 comments:
Glad you did the 5 things tag. Time really does fly. The New Year's resolutions are great. Things that I need to be doing also-though you will never, ever, ever see a bikini in my clothing drawers or near my body-yuk!
You have great New Year's Resolutions. I need to get my body "in shape" too. Good luck with everything! :)
Hi Jen! Your funny... However, I too have a new bikini that I bought last week ( I am 18 weeks pregnant ) But it gives me a reminder not to eat Velvetta Cheese everytime I have the craving! ~Hasn't worked real well yet :) ~lace blschild.blogspot.com
Very smart to post your New Years Resolutions on your blog. Now in 2010 (That sounds crazy) you can look back - I usually have forgotten by the years end. I love your 5 tag - I can't believe how well you can remember such great detail!
Good luck on your New Years Resolutions.
You have some good Resolutions, good luck with them all. There is a few on your list that I really need to work on.
Love the bikini Jen...good luck with all those re-solutions! Two-piece bathing suit..will never ever be part of my must have list..to scary! I can hardly stand to look at the bra and panties in the mirror each morning! Thanks for sharing your lofty goals! I'm sure you look good in the pretty in pink one already.
Sounds like some good resolutions, I bet you'll do great at them! Don't we all need to post our resolutions, it helps with the motivation to actually do them.
Love your resolutions Jen. And I love how honest you are.
It's hard to believe how much older Jensyn looks since you guys moved! She and Hurley are so cute. What a cute family. You always look so pretty in the pictures you post. I've been meaning to comment and tell you that for a while.
Oh and sorry we never responded to your tag Darwin. I (Lauren) was waiting until Barrett and I could do it together since you put both of our names, but it seems that whenever I am looking at the blog, which isn't very often, it is when Barrett is at work. So that is my excuse. And now look at how much time has passed, time flies.
I am so with you on the scripture reading, family home evening,and the temple. I don't know why but our family really slacks in those areas, i am definetly going to have to add those my new years resolution as well. Also how is that wii fit does it really work??
Post a Comment