Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend at Jason's

For months our family has tried to coordinate a weekend that we could spend at my brother's house in Logan. We finally found a date that worked for both families, and I am so glad that we did!

We left Friday after Darwin got home from work. When we got to Jason's house the kids quickly forgot about us and went and played with their cousins. Jeri Dawn made pizza for everyone. Nikell has Celiac Disease and Hurley wanted to make sure that there was some Gluten Free pizza for Nikell so she could eat too. I thought it was cute that he wanted to make sure that there was something safe for her to eat. (Of course her mom had it all taken care of.) We ate, talked, tried to get the kids to watch a show so we could talk, and then tried to put the kids in bed. Of course we stayed up way too late and morning came too early. (I have NO make-up on, my hair is not done, and I am tired in all of the pictures below. Now you know what Darwin sees on a very regular basis.)

Darwin made breakfast burritos for breakfast and they turned out yummy like always. Jason bought a 12 passenger van and we thought we should take a tour of Logan. All of us were excited (except for Jason). I loved that we could all ride together and the kids loved that they got to watch a movie in the van. One of our stops was at Gossner Foods. Most of us went inside (Jason satyed in the van with Violet since she had fallen asleep.) The kids liked trying the different types of cheese. We bought squeeky cheese, medium cheese, pepperjack cheese, and flavored milk.

Hurley, Jensyn, and Jen


Jensyn, Nikell, and Aiddie
 



Aiddie and Jensyn



Darwin, Jen, and Kiella in the van.
 
 
Front: Sierra and Hurley
Back: Mialee, Jensyn, Nikell, and Aiddie
 
 

Violet

 
We also went to Kohls, the grocery store, dropped Sierra and Mialee off at their friends' house, and Jason took Darwin on a tour his work. By the time our outing was over it was time for lunch. We went back to Jason and Jeri Dawn's house. Jeri Dawn left for a baby shower and we talked some more, lots more.
 
Sierra and Mialee came back home and Jeri Dawn made dinner for the kis and then the adults went out on a double date! It was great! We left all of the kids behind and enjoyed more....TALKING! We ate at Cafe Sabors in Logan and it was really good food. I imagine that we will be eating there again. (Today I found out that there is one in Bear Lake.)
 
 

Jeri Dawn and Jason
 
 
Darwin and Jen
 
 

   
Here is my attempt at a group picture.
Left-Right: Hurley, Nikell, Kiella, Violet (on the table), Sierra, Jensyn, Mialee, and Aiddie
 
 
 These two cute babies are only 2.5 months apart. After being there over 24 hours Violet FINALLY warmed up to Kiella and stopped screaming at her whenever Kiella looked her way.
 
 
 
 
 As you can see I tried a lot to get pictures of them together. I struggled getting them to cooperate (at the same time). At least they were both happy!
 
 
Sorry for the blurry picture.
Darwin, Jen, Jeri Dawn, Jason, and Aiddie
 
 When it was time to go, Hurley kept asking if we could go through Ogden. I finally asked him why and he said, "I don't want to go through the woods. I don't want a bear to get me." I reassured him that a bear was not going to get him. It must have satisfied him because he fell asleep as soon as we started driving home.
 
We really had a great time. We are all tired because we stayed up late enjoying each other's company. I am looking forward to the next time! 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

looks like you all had a fun time.

Jeri Dawn said...

I always enjoy your family. It's nice to have people to spend time with that are comfortable with the chaos! Until next time...

Anonymous said...

Fun!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you commented. I know I should be blogging for me BUT I like to know that people are actually reading this. I guess I need validation.