Thursday, May 1, 2008

What Jensyn says

I have noticed on other people's blogs lists of words that their toddler uses. I think it is a grand idea to keep track of what is being said. Darwin and I started making a list over a week ago and since then Jensyn has started speaking in sentences. I am amazed by how smart she is and how quickly things change. Here is her list that her parents are SO proud of....

car (usually sounds like "tar")
doggy
cat
cheese (for the dairy product and a camera as well)
shoes (one of her first words)
nose
ear
hair
eyes (and if you are holding her and she says it she will poke you right in the eye)
toes
Mommy
Daddy
Papa (more like "bobby")
Grandma (comes out pretty clear)
Luke (what I want to name our baby boy-so I have been having her say it hoping that Darwin will jump on board and give our baby a normal name)
Darrin (my little brother)
Mialee (Jensyn's cousin)
cow
horse (more like "orse")
Elmo (used to sound like El-me)
treat
pee
bath
please ("peas")
spoon
baby
book
bear
hat (this is what she calls lids)
NO
juice (any beverage is juice)
truck
bus
ball
chair (sounds like "share")
Jazz
nevermind (I was surprised the first time she said this-quite a big word)
right there
uppy (for zipper)
hop
uh-oh
out
more
phone
keys
door
house
home
hand
bird
elbow (sounds like "bellbow")
knee
box
at
whoa
coat
bye (also buh-bye)
night
dark
bubbles
hi
help
me
mine
this
Coke (thanks to Darwin)
bow
tractor
purple
pink
I want
church
apple
Knox (her cousin)


I love the way she talks!!! I love being her mom and listening to her little voice.

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

She does have a VERY cute voice. I just wish I could understand her when she wants certin things.....and I am not good at deciphering(sp).

Dusty and Carol said...

That is a great idea to make a list of what your children can say. They grow up way to fast and that could help you remember. So I take it you have changed your mind from Bitner? Jensyn is cute. How is living with your mom? What are your plans?

Nicole said...

Yes she is too cute. Luke, I don't think I have heard you mention that name. Good luck. Hope Darwin likes it too.

The Johnson Fam said...

What a great list! I love the uppy and the hat for lids. It is so cute what they can come up with. She is so cute and growing up so fast.
Way to use Jensyn to get that name in, that is hilarious and classic Jenny. I like Luke, it is very cute!