Monday, August 18, 2008

A Little Too Late




On Saturday night Darwin and I took the kids to the Balloon Glow (part of the Balloon Festival in Eden). In the newspaper it said that the Glow started at 9:30 p.m. We had a lot going on Saturday but thought that we would be able to enjoy it anyway. We arrived at 9:30 and sadly the "glow" was over. We tried to make the most of the situation (I'm bothered though). So we watched a fight between a man and a guy directing traffic (I think he was part of the ROTC) and we sat in traffic. We did get a few pictures of our family. So to anyone that wants to go next year, don't show up on time-be early.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Sad, don't feel to bad though... it wasn't as spectacular as I had planned on it being either:) We were probably stuck in the same traffic mess too... we sat there for over an hour and didn't even move. We listened to the Wheels on the Bus over 100 times and ate all the snacks in the whole car. What a Fun night!

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

Well now I don't feel as bad for not going. I really wanted to go but as you know Dwight just got home & was tired. I guess we could have been good company anyways. Sorry you missed it though. You should have just stayed here or maybe left here sooner!! Sorry if we kept you here longer than you had planned on. Well now you just have to come back so we can chat longer ;)

Heidi said...

We missed it this year for the same exact reason. Last year we were early and waited forever and then it rained and was canceled. I am sad. I have never seen it and I heard it is awesome to watch.