Hurley had his 2 month appointment today. He got 4 shots and an oral vaccination-it's new. He did not like the shots but he sure loved all of the attention from the nurses and the doctor. he squirmed a lot. The peditrician was amazed by how much Hurley moved. He weighs 11.2 pounds and is 22.75 inches long. He is in the 75th percentile for weight and height. I knew he was a big boy-very different from his super petite sister who is not even in any 'percentiles'. Hurley is doing good. He is growing physically and mentally like he should. He does have a blocked tear duct-it should go away on its own-so not much too worry about!
Now about Jensyn...SHE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!! She is only two years old. I am so proud of her. She has been interested in the potty for quite some time now. But she really has it down now.
We gave her "baby suckers" (aka Dum Dum Suckers) when she went pee on the potty. They are super cheap and she loves that they are little.
And she got a donut (also called a baby donut by Jensyn) when she goes poop. We are still working on the number two but she is pretty good about it. She wears panties all day and a panty diaper (pull-up) at night. Jensyn loves donuts. After she got the peeing down we told her she could only have a 'baby sucker' if she pooped on the potty. It never happened-so this smart mom offered her a 'baby donut' if she pooped on the potty-MAGIC. I am very happy.
She also used a potty watch for a few days. I could set the timer on the watch to go off every 30, 60, or 90 minutes and then a little song would play. At first Jensyn thought it was great and was excited to go to the bathroom, then after a day or so she was sick of bein drug to the bathroom. I think she just figured it was easier to tell me or Darwin when she needed to go and not to depend on the watch. We have since passed the watch on to my niece Jovie-so good luck to her.


13 comments:
Congrats on potty training that is great. We used the potty watch too, although Hudson loved it and wore it even after he didn't need it anymore. I will have to remember the sucker thing because kids love suckers and bribs are the best way to potty train I swear. It was good to see you and your two cute kids.
Hurley is going to be as big as Brax, then they can gang up on there cousin boston. Good job Jensyn on using the potty she is getting so big it was fun seeing you guys sunday and watching our uncordinated husbands play badmitten not such a good idea for those two to be on a team. LOL
If only Knox could have got my genes. He is going to be passed up too soon. Way to go Jensyn.
Thats great that she is all potty trained! I love her hair in that picture, so cute! I might have to try the donut thing.... we are still working on the potty training. He loves to poop on the potty, but still likes to be in his underwear (strange huh?!)
I meant 'PEE' in his underwear... (ooops:)
I don't have your email for some reason but if you go to customize and on that page there is add a gadget its on there I think its called blog list, you just add the peoples names you want to be updated on.
Isn't that so nice to have your child potty trained. We had Savanna trained for awhile before we had LIncoln. I honestly forgot how to change a diaper. I just wasn't used to it anymore. Now, I am so anxious to get LIncoln potty trained.
Congrats on the potty training! That is such a huge deal! I think more for the mom than for the kid LOL! As always your pictures are so cute. What was that blog that you get hair ideas from?
Staci, I go to a few hair blogs (the links are on my blog page). These are my favorites though.
http://girlydos.blogspot.com/
http://shortyrocksitshort.blogspot.com/
He is a tank & I love it. Now he fits in with my kids when they were that little. I am SOOOOOO jealous that Jensyn is potty trained. You know what Jovie did with the watch!!!(she hid it from me) We actually have been doing ok the last 2 days. No diapers for 2 days now & just a couple of accidents. She holds it forever.. Yesterday she held it for like 7 hours!!! I was ready to put a diaper back on because it is not good to hold it that long She had so much liquid that I knew she had to go. Anyways sorry. Your kids are so dang cute. I just love them.
I have to admit - I am extremely jealous that Jensyn is potty trained. I may have to try the potty watch. My child isn't interested AT ALL. Jensyn's hair is so cute - again, I am jealous I don't have a little girl to do her hair. She is so cute! Hurley has already grown up so much since I saw you guys just a month ago. He is so cute - I can't say he looks like a tank - but probably compared to Jensyn he does. Your kids are darling - you have a cute little family!
you are going to have to tell me how you got her potty trained so quick. i've been trying for a few months and nothing. any tips?
The potty watch. I wish I had had one of those. I also loves Jensyn's hair.
Post a Comment