Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hurley had 23 visitors



Grandpa Dave, Aunt Angie, Jensyn, Aunt Robyn, Kian, Delaney, Grandma Nancy, Jordan, Morgan, Payton, Hayden, Grandma Parker, Aunt Ashley, Uncle Dwight, Great Grandma Parker, Uncle Travis, Aunt Crystal, Uncle Darrin, Great Grandma Thacker, Great Grandpa Thacker, Grandpa Parker, Aunt Ellen, and Aubrey.......

Whoa, that's a lot. Darwin and I are worn out for the day. He wants to go to bed, but I told him he had to wait until this post is done.

When Jensyn got here she was not sure about this whole baby thing. Hurley got her a little chair that she can strap on her back and take wherever her heart desires. Jensyn gave Hurley a Tigger and a star book (she actually took the book back and said, "mine"). Darwin and I tried to get her to hold Hurley but she really didn't have a whole lot of interest UNTIL.....the Tingey's showed up. Morgan and Payton were super excited to meet their new cousin and wanted to hold him. After their turns Jensyn said, "mine turn." And she held on, for a long time. The other kids (Jordan and Hayden) both wanted a turn holding Hurley so Darwin and Grandma Nancy tried to pass Hurley over. So Jensyn tightened her grip. She said, "mine baby." We laughed and were very excited that she finally showed interest in her little brother-even if it was only because the other kids wanted him.

Thank you to all of you that came to visit and called. We appreciate it!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Jensyn sure makes a cute big sister. Sorry we were not one of the visitors hopefully we will get to meet him today. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Hope you get lots of rest. You have a 2 year old that is very excited to have you all home. As we looked at the slide show, she kept saying, "My baby".

Megan said...

Congratulations! I love the pictures of Hurley and Jensyn together! She'll be a fabulous big sister :)

Hayley said...

Congrats on new baby Hurley! One thing is for sure, life with two tikes will never leave you bored. He is very cute, glad everything went good!

Staci said...

How fun to have so many visitors! I always hated being in the hospital after having my kids, but maybe it made it worse that my mom was my only visitor LOL! Congratulatoins again, I love the name and very cute pictures!

The Childs said...

Congratulations on the new baby! Boys are so much fun. They will keep you busy! I will have to come see him next time i'm up there. Good luck getting some sleep.