Saturday, July 19, 2008

Home Safe and Sound

We left the hospital Wednesday night. It was so nice to be back and to be able to see Jensyn again. (She sure does have a lot of energy-and I do not.) She has been a great helper. She picks out Hurley's clothes in the morning and his pajamas at night. My mom made her a little blanket and burp cloth for her Cabbage Patch Doll and occasionally she will "burp" her baby. It is cute to watch her imitate me.

I love this picture-
I actually stole it off of Ashley and Dwight's blog.


Hurley was pulling all sorts of faces. I am glad that Darwin got a picture of this one.

Back to real life. This Darwin in his Hurley shirt-I think he is reclaiming it. We want to get a bunch of Hurley shirts (maybe from the DI) and make a "Hurley Blanket". If it ever gets done I will post a picture of it.

Our happy family. Everyone was wearing blue-and not on purpose,

even my mom had blue on this day.

Our two cute kids. Jensyn just loves her brother. Last night while Darwin and I were cooking dinner, I needed to go get stuff out of the storage room so I asked her if she would watch Hurley. She got down on the floor and kneeled by him (she was like a foot away from his face) and she "watched" Hurley. She's funny!


Holding Hands

Jensyn had been holding Hurley and he started to fuss. So Darwin told her that Hurley needed to eat. She cried and cried when I took him from her. I am soooo glad that she likes him.

Just a random picture of Hurley in his car seat. I guess it was right before his "first outing" to

BJ and Nicole's house.

Darwin's smart grandma brought Jensyn a present when she came to see Hurley. (Jensyn's b-day is next week so she gave her gift to her early.) Jensyn was delighted to have her own present. She was all smiles.

She got the book, I Love You More, with the Hare (not the bunny or the rabbit-I was informed of that), and some money.



"Cheese" and "Tanks"

We needed sunshine. Darwin and I had been kind of grumpy. I told him that we needed to get outside. We had been in the hospital or in the house for 5 days. Natural light sure did cheer us up.

Robyn (Darwin's sister) gave us this outfit and I love it. I never realized that boy clothes were so cute. This was Hurley's second outfit for the day since he peed all over his first one during a diaper change.

8 comments:

Missy said...

He is so cute, ya watch out when you change there diaper cause boys shoot pretty far. Looks like Jensyn really loves her brother. When she came over the other day I was asking her how she liked him and she just smiled she is so cute.

Cami said...

Holy cow! I can't believe how much I have missed. I am so sorry I've been a crappy friend! We have been out of town 20 of the last 24 days! We just got home tonight. Congratulations! He is SO cute!!! Jensyn is so cute with him too! I'll have to come by sometime and see you! I hope you are doing good! Call me if you need anything! I had a hard time with two kids for the first couple of months...I didn't know what to do with myself! Haha! It's fun though! Love ya!

Nancy Mc said...

Darling Pictures!!!! cute kids!

Nicole said...

Looking Good!

Staci said...

Those are way cute pictures. Jensyn is such a cute big sister, I love it! Good luck on finding shirts for your blanket, that's cute idea. If I happen to come across anything I'll be sure to grab it for ya.

The Stanger Fam said...

Jen - how great that your little guy is here safe & sound, your little family is so cute. Sounds like all is going great for you guys!

The Childs said...

We came to see you the other day, but you just left. I'm glad your adjusting well to 2 kids! Have fun.

The Batchelders said...

He is adorable! Congrats! You look great by the way! Jensyn looks so much more grown up than the last time we saw you guys. I bet bringing home a new baby made her look even more grown up.